Crew is the Volunteer Systems Group at CCIS. We are a group of self-motivated students (not a student group) who investigates new and potentially cool technologies, organizes and performs research & development for the CCIS Systems Group, and strives to improve and produce services that benefit the CCIS community.
If you are interested in working on one of our projects. Stop by 314WVH aka 'The Pit'.
- Digital Display
Paper is soooo 20th century. We hope to replace bulitin boards with plasma displays and innovative software.
- CGI Box
This is a service to allow ccis users to execute code in their web spaces, and not just serve files.
We're exploring different cloud solutions that'll let us host and provide virtual machines on demand for the ccis community.
Our goal is to port the university's virtualization architecture over from XEN to KVM.
- Lab Metrics
We want to quantify lab usage.
- Omega - New Alpha
We're looking into ways to provide an updated and improved gateway for the CCIS internet connections, starting with the pit.
- NUrdRadio - Ongoing podcast discussing CCIS and tech related topics.
- OpenVZ - CGI scripts are fun and all, but when you want to run Ruby on Rails or Django, you'll need some dedicated hosting. Using OpenVZ students can get the servers they crave.
- Calendar Project - Funnels all the different CCIS calendars into one (acm, coop, ect)
- Project Hosting
Pipe Dreams (things we would like to do)
- Universal Hand-In Server - Wouldn't it be cool if you could use one handin server for all your classes and track your progress throughout your tenure at CCIS. Source Control and Code Review would make this experience more enjoyable.
- Universal Project Server - In house git project hosting. Hopefully with code review (and, later, rehashed as the Universal hand-in server.)